Oranges and lemons, grapefruit and clementines… The jewels nature brings us in winter – just when we need their vitamin-packed goodness the most. And thanks to farms like ALG Boerdery in Citrusdal, Rora Orchards in Ceres and Market Demand Fruits in Simondium, we get to give this goodness to people who need it most.
Why is Vitamin C important? Here are our top five reasons:
- Vitamin C stimulates collagen synthesis (which plays a critical role in connective tissues like those found in our organs)
- It plays a role in enhanced brain function
- Its antioxidant properties help guard against chronic disease
- Vitamin C strengthens the immune system
- Antioxidant rich Vitamin C protects the eyes
These are a few of our favourite scenes from recent deliveries of citrus fruits in Joburg and Cape Town and a few helpful hints on getting your fix of Vitamin C:
Follow our story on Instagram.