We are searching for an experienced fundraising manager with excellent leadership skills and networking abilities. The fundraising manager will be responsible for building good relationships with prospective and existing donors across multiple sectors, communicating with the broader public and internal teams, delegating tasks, and drawing up plans to ensure annual targets are met. You should be well-organised, proactive and have the ability to inspire those around you.
ABOUT SA HARVEST
SA Harvest is a national food activist organisation with the mission to end hunger in South Africa. To accomplish this we have two-fold: Firstly, we rescue nutritious food that would have gone landfill, and deliver it to more than 200 beneficiary organisations in Gauteng, KZN, Western Cape, Eastern Cape and other areas.
Secondly, we are active in addressing the systemic causes of hunger – unemployment, lack of entrepreneurial skills, lack of delivery on the constitutional right to food and more. Through the integration in action of both these strategies, we will realise our mission.
Our impact is significant across the gamut of society including :
For hungry people: Feeding the food-vulnerable quality food
The food that we deliver is nutritionally diverse and enables our recipient organisations to alleviate hunger with wholesome and nutritious meals to the people who need it most.
To beneficiary organisations: Reducing costs
By making food and delivery free, we enable our beneficiaries to redirect vital funding into education, rehabilitation, and other valuable programmes.
To the planet: Environmental preservation
We prevent good food from going to landfills, and in so doing we play a significant role in preventing greenhouse gas emissions from polluting the atmosphere.
To food donors: Savings on logistics and assisting to meet environmental targets
Our food donors save on the cost associated with the disposal of excess food and reduced food storage costs. By donating to SA Harvest instead of sending the food to landfill they are also reaching sustainability targets, specifically SDG 12.3.
Reporting to: CEO
Salary: Negotiable Basic + commission
Location: [Johannesburg]. The role may require local and international travel.
- Develop fundraising strategy for new and existing funders in line with the organisation’s overall strategy and manage its implementation..
- Meet annual funding targets
- Work closely with marketing team in the development of impactful and creative fundraising campaigns campaigns to
- Research, monitor, and identify new funding opportunities local and globally.
- Administrate the fundraising process, including tracking applications, liaising with funders at all stages of the process, and maintaining a detailed status report for internal reporting.
- Develop a strong case for financial support. Prepare and write engaging and appropriate proposals, applications and presentations for potential funders.
- Act as lead relationship manager for funders. Report to funders in line with funding criteria, objectives and the specified outcomes conditional to the funding.
- Act as a passionate ambassador for SA Harvest brand in relationship with a wide range of internal and external people and organisations.
Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrable success and experience in fundraising at an executive level
- Experience of developing or contributing to a successful fundraising strategy
- Experience of building a strong funding pipeline and generating leads for a fundraising programme
- Marketing and communications skills, to ensure that fundraising is target appropriate.
- Excellent written communication skills, with the ability to communicate passionately and articulately about SA Harvest and its work, tailoring your arguments target-appropriately
- Excellent presentation skills
- Experience of developing and building high-value partnerships
- Strong numeracy skills, with the ability to develop budgets, monitor and manage financial information
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to prioritise tasks appropriately.
- Knowledge of the regulatory frameworks for fundraising activity in South Africa
- Proactive approach, seizing opportunities to generate funds to support SA Harvest’s objectives, including using creative means to engage with donors
- 3-5 years of successful fundraising at the highest level.
- An appropriate degree an advantage
- Previous experience in sales or marketing an advantage
- Sound knowledge of the NGO sector locally and globally
- Excellent written, verbal, and telephonic communication skills.
- Able to digest complex information quickly, and communicate it clearly and compellingly to others.
- Strong computer literacy, especially Microsoft Office, LinkedIn, and CRM tools.
- Good time-management management skills including good sense of priorities and project development timelines
- Highly motivated and flexible, reliable, and good team player with the ability to work independently
- Inspiring management style with emphasis on working with a team
- A commitment to equality and diversity
- Positive role model
- Organised with excellent attention to detail.
- A creative and solutions focused person, happy using your own initiative and quickly seizing opportunities
SA Harvest values diversity and difference. A vital part of this is ensuring we are a truly inclusive organisation that encourages diversity in all respects, including diversity of thought. We welcome applicants from all sectors of the community.
Please email your CV with a covering email describing why you are the ideal candidate for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday, 10 May 2023